National Pet Week, created in 1981 by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), celebrates the enrichment which pets add to our lives and encourages responsible pet care every day of the year. As part of this celebration, Cornerstone Animal Hospital in Joplin, Missouri, will host a scholarship contest for graduating seniors in the SW Missouri area. The winning essay will receive a $1000.00 scholarship.
The theme of National Pet Week 2018 is “Barks, Purrs, Tweets, Neighs … Pets Speak Love in Many Ways.” All 2018 graduating seniors of SW Missouri area high schools are eligible. Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Essay theme is “Barks, Purrs, Tweets, Neighs … Pets Speak Love in Many Ways.”
- Essays must be between 500-750 words.
- Essays must be received online by midnight of May 5, 2018.
- Applications and essays will only be accepted online.
- All essays should be in Arial or Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Submit essays as a PDF file attached to the online application, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject line of your email should contain “Scholarship Contest.”
- Essays become property of Cornerstone Animal Hospital. Essays may be published on our website and on our social media sites.
- One reference from an instructor must be submitted to email@example.com by midnight May 5, 2018. References should be submitted independently from your application with your name in the subject line and contact information of the instructor. A basic e-mail is adequate.
- Verification of enrollment in a degree-seeking program and verification of outstanding school loan balances to be paid will be required for scholarship to be awarded. This is a non-renewable scholarship to be divided equally between two semesters of the individual’s freshman year of college.
- The winner will be announced by May 21st. Winner will be required to attend a presentation of the scholarship and photo shoot (~30 minutes) that will be scheduled May 22-24.