National Pet Week, created in 1981 by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), celebrates the enrichment which pets add to our lives and encourages responsible pet care every day of the year. As part of this celebration, Cornerstone Animal Hospital in Joplin, Missouri, will host a scholarship contest for graduating seniors in the SW Missouri area.
- Essay theme: “Love is a 4 legged friend.” Judges will be evaluating how well the essays express that central theme.
- Essays must be between 500-750 words.
- Essays must be received online by midnight of April 30, 2020
- Applications and essays will only be accepted online.
- All essays should be in Arial or Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Submit essays as a PDF file attached to the online application sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject line of your email should contain the “Scholarship Contest.”
- Spelling and grammar may be the deciding factor on the winner.
- Essays become the property of Cornerstone Animal Hospital. Essays may be published on our website and on our social media sites.
- One reference from an instructor must be submitted to email@example.com by midnight April 30, 2020. References should be submitted independently from your application with your name in the subject line and contact information of the instructor. A basic e-mail is adequate.
- Verification of enrollment in a degree-seeking program and verification of outstanding school loan balances to be paid will be required for scholarship to be awarded. This is a non-renewable scholarship to be divided equally between two semesters of the individual’s freshman year of college.
- The winner will be announced by May 15th. Winner will be required to attend a presentation of the scholarship and photoshoot (~30 minutes) that will be scheduled between May 18-23.