National Pet Week, created in 1981 by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), celebrates the enrichment which pets add to our lives and encourages responsible pet care every day of the year. As part of this celebration, Cornerstone Animal Hospital in Joplin, Missouri, will host a scholarship contest for graduating seniors in the SW Missouri area.
The theme of National Pet Week 2019 is “More than a Pet, More than a Friend… Family.” All 2019 graduating seniors of SW Missouri area high schools are eligible. Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
1. Essay theme is “More than a Pet, More than a Friend… Family.”
2. Essays must be between 500-750 words.
3. Essays must be received online by midnight of April 30, 2019.
4. Applications and essays will only be accepted online.
5. All essays should be in Arial or Times New Roman font, size 12.
6. Submit essays as a PDF file attached to the online application, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Subject line of your email should contain “Scholarship Contest.”
8. Spelling and grammar may be deciding factor on winner.
9. Essays become property of Cornerstone Animal Hospital. Essays may be published on our website and on our social media sites.
10. One reference from an instructor must be submitted to email@example.com by midnight April 30, 2019 (reference must arrive before deadline). Reference should be submitted independently from your application with your name in the subject line and contact information of the instructor. A basic e-mail is adequate.
11. Verification of enrollment in a degree-seeking program and verification of outstanding school loan balances to be paid will be required for scholarship to be awarded. This is a non-renewable scholarship to be divided equally between two semesters of the individual’s freshman year of college.
12. The winner will be announced by May 11th. Winner will be required to attend a presentation of the scholarship and photo shoot (~30 minutes) that will be scheduled May between May 11-15.